Immigration law is a large complex and constantly changing area of law. Anytime someone wants to enter the United States with or without inspection, immigration laws come into play. Furthermore, multiple federal agencies are involved in various aspects of immigration law. Some agencies try to intercept or detain those who enter the United States without inspection. Other agencies are responsible for reviewing and adjudicating on visa applications for tourists, students, workers, and those seeking to live in the United States on a permanent basis. In some ways the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice, and the Department of Labor, are all concerned with at least some aspect of immigration law.

While this page attempts to give a brief overview of immigration law, it cannot subsitute for the guidance of an experienced attorney who can help you identify potential obstacles in your path, plan a strategy around those obstacles, and work with you to accomplish your immigration-related goals. It takes a lot of hard work, both on the part of the attorney and client, to successfully realize your immigration goals. Our office is here to provide such assistance. Our office has helped invidiuals apply for visas and ajustment of status, represented persons in removals proceedings, and represented persons charged with crimes under state law who also have matters pending before the immigration court.  Immigration and naturalization services have been an increasing part of Rossback Law Firm's practice.

Wills & Probate

 It is said that two things are certain in life, death and taxes.  As we will all eventually die, it is best to be prepared for when that time comes. 

One way to do that is to have a will.  A will provides for the distribution of your property when you die and may also be used to set up a trust for your children and/or grandchildren.  If you do not create a will while you are alive, your family will divide up your client in accordance with state law, which may contradict your wishes. 

Along with preparing wills, our office also assists people in preparing other documents such as a power of attorney or health care directive.

Finally, probates are generally required by law after a person has died to transfer title to the deceased's property unless they have so little property that it may be administered under state law as a "small estate."

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy

A Chapter 13 Bankruptcy is a bankruptcy repayment plan or "individual reorganization." In this type of bankruptcy an individual proposes a bankruptcy repayment plan, and also has a portion of their wages or business income sent to a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Trustee. The chapter 13 trustee will then pay creditors in accordance with the terms of the plan.  After the plan is done, the bankruptcy court will generally discharge all remaining debts.

People typically will choose to file a chapter 13 bankruptcy because they want to permanently stop a foreclosure on their house or prevent the repossession of their vehicle. They may also file a chapter 13 bankruptcy because they make too much money to file a chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Chapter 13 bankruptcy is for people only, business cannot file for chapter 13 bankruptcy.

Because chapter 13 bankruptcies are can be complicated having experience bankruptcy attorneys on your side can help you succeed.  Call our chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer today.  

A chapter 13 bankruptcy plan generally last at least 3 years, but may not continue for longer than 5 years.

Chapter 7 bankruptcy

Rossback Law firm, bankruptcy attorneys has been providing bankruptcy services in Tacoma and Western Washington for nearly a quarter century.  Let our experience work for you.

A chapter 7 bankruptcy is often called the "straight bankruptcy" because most of the time a person can eliminate his or her debt and retain most, if not all of their property.

However, chapter 7 is a liquidation style of bankruptcy where non-exempt assets are sold by a trustee to pay as much of your debts as possible.  In our experience, the vast majority of our clients' property is fully exempt and cannot be sold by a bankruptcy trustee in Chapter 7.

Both individuals and business can file for chapter 7 bankruptcy, although there are slightly different rules for business and individual bankruptcies.

Although a chapter 7 bankruptcy be a "simple" bankruptcy, an experienced bankruptcy lawyer can help.

Rossback Law Firm


A Bankruptcy Lawyer and more

Dui and Traffic tickets

Have you noticed that some times, traffic tickets can have a costly impact on your life beyond the cost of the ticket.  People have multiple tickets on their record can run into problem of increased insurance premiums, and for those who have unpaid tickets, the DOL is able to suspend your drivers license.  Our firm is proud to handle traffic tickets for a small fee.

DUI, or Driving Under the Influence, is where a person is operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including marijuana).  While jail time can be avoided if it is your first offense, it is can still be costly.  In addition to handling the crime with the courts.  As a part of my DUI representation in Tacoma and the surrounding area, I also represent my clients in DOL proceedings which also arise from the DUI.

felonies / misdemeanors

In addition to traffic offences and DUIs, as an experienced criminal law attorney have have handled cases dealing with drug crimes, assaults, domestic violence, theft, burglary, robbery and other misdamenors, gross misdamenors, and felonies.

When representing folks in criminal proceedings, I am general contacted prior to the person's first court appearance also called and arraignment.  It is my job to see the constitutional rights of the accused are preserved and to act as a counselor and advocate during all phases of the criminal proceeding.

Working for your Brighter Tomorrow!

Juvenile law and guardianships 

Rossback Law Firm handles non-criminal matters heard in the Juvenile division of the Superior Court.  This includes adoptions and dependency matters.  Adoptions make the child legally the same as though he or she were the biological child of the adoptive parent. In dependency cases our office typically represents a parent whose child has been removed from their home by law enforcement or CPS.

In a guardianship a one usually asks to become a guardian of a person who is unable to care for their own physical and/or financial needs.  Guardians, once appointed, are responsible to see to the needs of their wards and must give an accounting to the court at regular intervals.